Weighted Blanket Care
Worried about washing your heavy weighted blanket? We got you covered! Just like regular clothing, Suenyo Weighted blankets are made with 100% cotton making it fairly easy to wash.
For mild stains, immediately grab a washcloth and mild detergent. Give it a good scrub and you're good to go.
If spot cleaning didn't do the trick, it's time for reinforcement! Do the steps above as a pre-wash stain treatment and proceed to a gentle full wash. 20lbs weighted blankets or less can be washed at home!
- Set your washer to gentle cycle using cold water and a mild detergent
- Use gentle cycle for front load, and normal for top load washers
- Do not use any bleach as they can break the fibers overtime
- Do not use fabric softeners as they can build up and make your blanket scratchy
- Do not mix your weighted blanket with any other clothing in the washer
Follow these steps as they can help extend your blanket's life and keep it in tip-top shape!
If you prefer hand washing your weighted blanket that's okay too.
- Fill a tub with cold water and throw in 1/2 cup of mild detergent
- Make sure the detergent is mixed well with water before throwing in your blanket
- Submerge your weighted blanket all the way through
- Using your hands, scrub the blanket making sure stains are removed
- Drain the tub and repeat steps 3 and 4 two more times, making sure the suds are gone.
- Place the blanket on a flat surface and fold in half.
- Roll the blanket removing the water (repeat these steps until most of the water is gone)
When it comes to drying out your awesome weighted blanket we find outside drying best. Lay it out on a flat surface and flip it every one hour or so.
If you don't have the time, you can set your dryer to a low or medium setting. Tumble dry can also help you blanket fluff back up.
No. Just no. Although Suenyo weighted blankets are filled with glass beads, we do not recommend ironing it as it can damage the polyester layer that keeps the beads in place.
When it comes to caring for your blanket you might want to consider investing in a weighted blanket protector. This will save you a lot of time, energy and trips to the laundry room!
If you feel like adding another layer will make it warmer, opt for the bamboo fabric weighted blanket protector! Bamboo helps regulate your body's internal temperature while staying cool during summer nights.